For quite a few years now, I have been struggling with what to do to try to make the website faster and more user friendly. I have run all kinds of speed tests and tried all kinds of changes, but none of my efforts made much difference. Help from our ISP (Internet Service Provider) was lacking big time – they were much better years ago, so it remained on the boat “todo” list (which is often quite large).
As we have been fairly pro-active with the boat list as of late, and, because I feel we are getting a better handle on what needs to be done now and what can wait, I found some time to address this issue and decided to try moving the website to another ISP.
We had to pay a bit more where we are now, but like they say, you get what you pay for. The site is now much more robust. Loading times have decreased significantly, and all the background applications like site backup, email notifications, etc., are all occurring seamlessly without all the errors that we used to experience. Creating new posts, replying to comments, are all proceeding smoothly and are hence, much more enjoyable tasks.
We hope our readers have noticed the improvements we are seeing, spending more time looking around, and less time waiting for things to load.
Leave a Reply